Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

FAVORITE THINGS: COOKING ON THE FRONT BURNER





Hey, everyone! Welcome back to Favorite Things

Today's guest blogger is Deb, from Cooking on the Front Burner.
Deb is a top-notch food blogger, 
who I had the good fortune to "meet" 
when I started co-hosting Best of the Weekend.
Although she no longer co-hosts the party, 
we have remained blogger friends.

Deb's posts never fail to make my mouth water.......
from appetizers to cocktails; soups to salad dressings;
entrees to desserts............
her top-notch food photography will have you filling your Pinterest boards 
with dozens of delectable recipes!
 
Let's give Deb a great big welcome!


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Hmm, sorry but no! Ok, all joking aside, I'm Deb from Cooking on the Front Burner and today I'm sharing some of my favorite things.  I want to thank Amy for inviting me to her fun blog - we first met when we hosted a link party together and have stayed in touch since.  She is also my go-to person when I'm looking for things to do and places to eat when in NYC.  NYC is one of my favorite places.  I currently live in Minnesota but originally from upstate New York.  Back then I really didn't go to the city as much as I wanted but in the last couple of years, I've made a couple trips and even planning a trip this December to see the sites at Christmas.  While in NYC, I love going to plays and especially musicals - I highly recommend Kinky Boots - it was fantastic!  Next up The Lion King and Rockettes!  Here are some of the favorite things I have done in the last 2 trips:



And speaking of travel, my favorite vacations are at the beach.  I just love listening to the sound of the ocean, watching the waves, being on the sand (with a drink!), toes in the sand and relaxing.  We are lucky to have family who live in FL so that is a yearly trip along with occasional trips to Cabo or Puerto Vallarta.



So one of my favorite things to do when I'm at the beach is to read.  I'm just saying if I were you, I would buy some stock at Amazon!  I'm such an avid reader that I'm frequently downloading books.  I like a variety and recently have just finished Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.  I also loved the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber.  My favorite book club read was The Kitchen Daughter and love this quote:

"I want them to bite into a cookie and think of me and smile.  Food is love.  Food has a power.  I knew it in my mind, but now I know it in my heart."




Let's talk favorite beverages - a must for me in the morning is coffee and this is my favorite coffee cup at home.... everyone here knows it's hands off!


Favorite cocktail- a Cosmopolitan


While I saved this for last, it's number one FAVORITE !  My family.  I'm blessed to have been married 33 years to John (referred to The DIY Guy in my posts), 2 daughters, 1 son-in-law and 2 grandchildren.


Thanks for having me Amy!  I  had fun thinking of my favorite things!



Please stop by to visit Deb at Cooking on the Front Burner
I dare you to not pin at least one of her scrumptious recipes!
 
Favorite Things will take a brief hiatus until after the holidays,
since everyone is so busy.
 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me Amy! I hope on one of trips back east we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have a new food blogger to visit! Great favorites especially the new book titles I can check out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these favorite things posts, enjoyed seeing this new-to-me blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. It is always fun to read about a blogger I don't know. Love that she saved the best for last. She's got her priorities straight. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this post immensely and will definitely check out Deb's blog...although I'm thinking it might be dangerous ;).

    XXX

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.